The Marion Downs Hearing Center provides a variety of quality clinical and educational services to our pediatric population. Late identification and intervention of hearing loss can lead to delayed speech, language, psychosocial, emotional, and academic development. We provide a holistic, multifaceted approach to managing the effects of hearing loss. We work with your child's pediatrician, teachers, speech-language pathologist, and any outside agencies to ensure he/she is progressing and meeting all communication goals. Above all, we value family choice and consider parents to be critical members of the team.
Our pediatric trained providers include:
Expert Pediatric Audiologists
- Shannon Burns, AuD
- Stacy Claycomb, AuD
- Tammy Fredrickson, PhD
- Sandra Abbott Gabbard, PhD
- Kristin Uhler, PhD
Pediatric Cochlear Implant Surgeons
Our speciality services for kid's include:
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- Multidisciplinary COMPASS Team Clinic
- Marion's Way Preschool Program
- Teen Program
- Family Events
Frequently Asked Questions
- How will you test my child's hearing?
- Who can test my baby's hearing?
- What happens when a child with a permanent hearing loss gets an infection?
- How often should my child's hearing be tested?
- At what age can my baby be fit with hearing aids?
It can be tough choosing the people you rely on to care for your child's needs. Read some of the parent feedback we've received over the years...words we value and hold ourselves to.